Productivity Tip: Stay Organized with Memopad

RIM's Blackberry could be considered one of the best productivity tools you can have.  There are so many things you can do from conference calls to scheduling meetings and composing word documents, there isn't much you can't do.  The core Blackberry applications are some of the best apps, even better than 3rd party apps, when dealing with organization and being productive.  One of my favorite core apps is Memopad.  I use Memopad on a daily basis for a number of my organization needs.  Hit the jump for reasons why I love Memopad.
Memopad is fast, simple, and easy to use.  *Tip: Use keyboard shortcut "d" to access Memopad from the homescreen without an icon.  Instead of keeping up with receipts and transactions concerning my checking and savings account, I keep the current balance of all accounts in one memo.  Each time I make a transaction I just subtract the amount from the current balance, this keeps my budget in check, and lets me know how much money I have.  I regularly compare what's in my Blackberry to my online statements to make sure there's nothing I missed.
Memopad is also great for your to-do list.  I've tried most 3rd party to-do list apps but none compare to the simplicity, and performance of Memopad.  Naturally my Blackberry is always with me so it's a great thing to keep a running to-do list in.  Anytime I think of something I need to do, whether long-term or short-term, I will input it into Memopad.  Then on days when I'm bored I'll check it out to find out what I need to do.  In relation to a to-do list I keep a running "buy list" of things I want to purchase short and long term.  This helps me save money and helps me set goals concerning purchases I want to make.  
There are some great 3rd party notepad and to-do apps but nothing is as simple, easy, and fast as the Memopad app.  Best of all, it's preloaded onto everyone's Blackberry so you save memory by using it over a 3rd party app (and possibly money too).  If I could generate a usage report, Memopad would be one of the most accessed apps on my Blackberry.  Let me know in the comments whether you use Memopad for similar purposes or not.
Follow me @matthiasj50

0 comments:

Post a Comment