Unlocked BlackBerry Storm Devices Banned on T-Mobile Network?



There are a lot of reports from T-Mobile customers claiming that their unlocked BlackBerry Storm 9500/30's are no longer getting data services. Devices are now showing a lower case "edge" and neither e-mail nor internet browser works. Customers have been reporting that while T-Mobile customer service does seem to help in the beginning, once they realize nothing is correcting the customer service reps apologize for not being able to help any further.


T-Mobile does not carry the BlackBerry Storm, but if done correctly the Storm was able to be put on the network. It will be interesting to see if this is just a fluke or if T-Mobile will make an official announcement about the disallowing of the Storm. Are you being affected by this?

3 comments:

Gazzy said...

just realized what my problem was when I read this. I had no problems when I was close to a wifi network, but now I am away, I get no messages from the Blackberry enterprise server and no edge browsing

Drew Que said...

just canceled my service with t mobile. called 5 times to fix they fixed once which lasted for 1 day. each time i would call spend at least 1 hour on the phone with support.

there favorite line is "we cannot guarantee a unlocked phone will work 100%"

OK my argument is I paid for Phone 7 Data and only phone has worked, I should be refunded the data half which did not work. after getting a 1 month refund i decided to call it a day.

T Mobile is not a good choice for BB Storm users. Thanks T Mobile for a wonderful experience of headaches, heartaches, and an occasional stomach ache.

BES Noob said...

Storm 2 user here with the same problems as well. No data, No GPS,No Browser, and No MMS. Things I have noticed from the get go was the APN Settings switched back to VZW settings which I switched back to Tmobile's settings. I am definitely missing quite a few items on my service books at this time. I've been dealing with this issue for the last week and all thats been done so far is I have been credited for a month of data. Wifi has been extremely spotty and I have had only a couple hour spot for this whole week so far that I got a browser icon to show up so that has been my only saving grace.

Post a Comment