New BlackBerry Tablet Specs: 1GHz, Flash 10.1, with Back & Front Facing Cameras?


More information has emerged on the upcoming BlackBerry tablet aka "BlackPad". Rodman & Renshaw analyst, Ashok Kumar, gave a new report on Friday revealing new specs for the tablet.


Here are rumored new specs:

  • Marvell 1GHz Armada 610 processor
  • 16MP Back and Front Facing Cameras
  • HD 1080p playback
  • Enhanced 3D Graphics
  • 7-inch Touchscreen 
Originally it was thought that the tablet's touchscreen would be 8.9-inches. Perhaps the 8.9-inch touchscreens are solely intended for the in-car BlackBerry system that RIM is said to be developing. 

There is also another rumor suggesting we should see Adobe Flash 10.1 support on the BlackBerry Tablet.

Nevertheless, if these new rumored specs are in fact correct, than we believe the Apple iPad may actually have a formidable opponent. The BlackBerry tablet is also said to be running on its own OS, which may be an enhanced variation of the upcoming BlackBerry 6. We are eager to see this tablet, as it is said to be releasing in December 2010. 

With the new rumored specs, does it make the BlackBerry tablet look more enticing? 


5 comments:

Matt said...

In-car as in Dash the company they bought in-car?

Alex van den Hoogen said...

Why would anyone want HD 1080p playback on a 7-inch display? That's just mad! Furthermore, 16MP cameras?! I think 6MP is more realistic than 16MP! I guess the processor (ARMv7 1GHz) and dedicated 3D chip supporting OpenGL ES would be kind of obvious.

In a conclusion, I think the above 'leaked specs' aren't real.

Anthony said...

I like the ides of a tablet... What I don't like is the rumors of it being a "companion device". I'm a Blackberry junkie! When Sprint get a new berry, I'm there cash in hand! I have to have the new toy so my Blackberry friends will not make fun of me. If the companion device rumors are true, I will not be purchasing this just to teather it to my 9650.

Ulises said...

1080p HD Playback is a must in our Day and Age. HD playback is needed for connecting to a HD monitor via HDMI. A Tablet in 2010 may not need it, but forward thinking Tablets must do what Desktops(or Laptops) do in order for consumers to make them an everyday device for a Variety of reasons.

jessicayeuri said...

ok

Post a Comment