BlackBerry 9800 Slider Coming to Vodafone UK?


We've heard before that the Blackberry 9800 Slider is a GSM/CDMA device, but will initially be releasing on GSM carriers first. We've now gotten word from our Vodafone connect that Vodafone UK is to be carrying the 9800 Slider.


While you can take this with a grain of salt, until we can get any inventory or approved software screenshots, our connect has heard the 9800 should be launching in September. Although, our connect believes more realistically it could be October.

This makes for an interesting rumor since Vodafone owns Verizon Wireless in the U.S. Could this mean we might also see the 9800 Slider on the Verizon network? Usually, each carrier shares the same device line-ups.

The only other CDMA carrier rumored to be getting the 9800 is Sprint.

Time will tell, but if the BlackBerry 9800 Slider were to come to Vodafone UK or Verizon, would you drop your Bold 9650 or Storm2 for the 9800?

5 comments:

Vtjman said...

Yes I would drop my Storm 2 in a heartbeat

Knottyrope said...

I will drop my 9700 for one

Askme said...

I'd drop anything I had for this one...

9800 FTW!

KcS1User said...

I would drop my Storm 1 down a flight of stairs for this phone

Leslie Moore said...

I'll drop my 9700, but only if it doesn't get BB6 - which, admittedly, probably won't happen...

Post a Comment