New Touchscreen BlackBerry 9800 Slated to Launch August 15?

Yesterday, tech site VentureBeat reported that according to BlackBerry Partners Fund’s John Albright, the BlackBerry 9800 (aka the Slider) will hit the market August 15 on AT&T. This device was sort of a mystery to all BB addicts because it was unmarked by a carrier (except in the video where it showed AT&T), had BlackBerry 6 running fully, and even still has no name.

If what Albright says is true than we can only wonder if this device will be the start of BlackBerry 6 or will it come with 5.0 and get an update later. Also the main selling-point with this device is the loss of SurePress. Now the phone’s touch interface is just like Android and iPhone, which is appropriate because those two are RIM’s main competitors.

Will you switch to another BlackBerry or will you move to iPhone or Android?

4 comments:

Dan Kemble said...

I have a droid an it would take something revolutionary for BB to get me back.

I'm Sold said...

I would definitely stay with Blackberry IF this phone comes on Tmobile with RIM OS 6.0. I like the idea of a touch screen with a slide out keyboard on a BB.

SpenserDC said...

As part of my job, I have 2 BlackBerrys (Bold & Storm 2), an iPhone 3G and a Motorola Droid. I carry the Bold and Droid with me everywhere I go. If I want to browse the web of look at HTML emails, I pick up the Droid. If I have to type out anything longer than a URL, I grab the Bold. For multimedia, I leave the Droid behind and grab the iPhone instead. The one constant is the Bold because of it's keyboard and generally superior messaging capabilities. With the Slider, I can see myself carrying just one more often than not. Bring on the 9800!

Daddy_C_4ME said...

Switching to AT&T to get it! Love the touchscreen with the actual keyboard...excited!

Post a Comment